To compete in any Deaf Games/Championship, the participant or member must be Deaf, defined as a hearing loss of at least 55 dB per tone average in the better ear. (3-tone frequency average at 500, 1000 and 2000 Hertz, ISO 1969 Standard)
Can I join the DSA sports development programme?
A. Yes, you can and you must be a SINGAPOREAN.
B. You must be a registered client with any one of our affiliated members:
– Singapore Association for the Deaf
– Deaf & Hard of Hearing Federation (Singapore)
– Touch Silent Club
C. If you are not registered with any one of our affiliated members. You are advised to do the following simple steps:
1. Obtain a referral letter from doctor (either private clinic or polyclinic)
2. Go to any hearing clinic for a hearing test and get a copy of the results.
3. Complete the Athlete Registration From.
4. Email the athlete registration form with the copy of hearing test to email@example.com for evaluation.
For Singapore Permanent Resident
You are advised to approach your own country’s deaf sports association for official permission and formal letter prior to joining DSA sports development programmes. All applications are subject to the approval of the DSA.